Reference Student Training
Library philosophy and your role - meet the library director
Employment Forms and Payroll (with reference supervisor)
Personnel policies (with reference supervisor)
Review absence policy:
- Try to find a sub by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you can’t get a sub, notify Brad, Kelsey or Jill of planned absence. If they are not available, notify any librarian/library staff.
Unplanned absence (i.e. illness, emergency)
- It is best to email email@example.com. That way the message is sure to reach someone.
- If you prefer to call, you can call any of the librarians/library staff – starting with Brad, Kelsey or Jill. It is best not to just leave a message on an answering machine, because if that person is also out for the day, no one will get your message. It is best to talk to someone in person when possible. (Keep in mind that Brad works afternoons and evenings. Jill and Kelsey are usually in by 8:15 or so.
- If you must leave a phone message, it is best to leave it on the reference desk phone, 715-836-3858
Performance review process
To remember who is who:
- reference stacks
- instruction lab
- return carts
- assistive technology
- handicapped seating
- government publications
- circulation, printers
- copy machines
- change machine
NOTE: students do not have access to the reference mailbox and room schedules online